Welcome to my webpage!
I am Michele Mancini, Economist at the Bank of Italy.
My research interests are international trade and global value chains.
Google Scholar – My IDEAS – VoxEU profile – CV
Contact me: michele.mancini (at) bancaditalia.it
new research AND UPDATES
- The real-time impact of the war on Russian imports: a synthetic control method approach, with A. Borin, F. P. Conteduca, 2022, ZBW Working Paper [link] [VoxEU column]
- Quantitative assessment of the economic impact of the trade disruptions following the Russian invasion of Ukraine, with A. Borin, F. P. Conteduca, E. Di Stefano, V. Gunnella, L. Panon, 2022, Occasional Papers, Bank of Italy, no. 700. [link] [VoxEU column on GVCs and Russian war]
- Measuring Exposure to Risk in Global Value Chains, with A. Borin and D. Taglioni, 2021, World Bank Policy Research WP, 9785. [VoxEU column] [link] [slides]
Check the World Bank WITS GVC Database here
- Check icio website here! icio is a user-friendly Stata tool to compute measures of GVC participation and trade in value-added. November 2022 update, now with OECD TiVA (up to 2020) and ADB MRIO (up to 2021) available.
Run“icio_clean” followed by “icio_load, info“ to check the available data.
Published in the Stata Journal (Belotti, Borin, Mancini, icio – Economic Analysis with Inter-Country Input-Output tables. Stata Journal, 2021, 21(3). [link] [slides]).
- Measuring what matters in value-added trade. Economic Systems Research, 2023, forthcoming. with A. Borin [link WP version]
- Reshoring and plant closures in Covid-19 times: Evidence from Italian MNEs.
International Economics, 2022, forthcoming. with E. Di Stefano, G. Giovannetti, E. Marvasi and G. Vannelli. [link]
- icio – Economic Analysis with Inter-Country Input-Output tables. Stata Journal, 2021, 21(3). with F. Belotti and A. Borin. [link] [slides]
- EU transfers and euroscepticism: can’t buy me love? Economic Policy, 2020. with A. Borin and E. Macchi. [link]
- FDI and firm performance: an empirical analysis on Italian firms. Review of World Economics, 2016, 152(4), with A. Borin. [link]
Michele Mancini economist global value chains international trade
Michele Mancini economist global value chains international trade icio